Howdy y’all!! Happy Wednesday!! Happy you’re here! Today I’m going to write about small tweaks you can make to your life that, if kept up, will make a HUGE difference for you in a short period of time if you keep them up!!
Why Small Goals?
There are a few reasons why small goals are WAY better to set than big goals.
- Big changes are scary. How many times have you set a big-ass goal and not achieved it because it seemed to hard or because you were scared of the change achieving it may bring? This is a huge issue for a lot of people (myself included). Sometimes we’re so scared that we do basically nothing. Its better to break your big goal down into chunks.
- Small changes make a BIG difference. Think of a pilot flying a plane towards a specific point. What if he turned just one degree to the left? It may seem like a minuscule difference, but it will probably change where he ends up by thousands of miles. If we make a small change in the right direction, maybe even one thats not noticeable from the outside, our destination will be dramatically different.
- Small achievements build confidence. If you can knock a small change out of the park, then its way easier to make big changes and set big goals when you’re ready.
So, what changes should I make?
- Wake up and/or go to bed at the same time everyday
- Start and keep a routine
- Take up a hobby, work on it every night
- Replace Netflix with reading
- Dress in a way that makes you feel good
- Get a few houseplants
- Listen to music as you get ready in the morning
- Take evening walks with your significant other, pet, or friend (or by yourself!)
- Spice up your routine. Make a change and see if you like it!
- Eat ___ servings of vegetables per day
- Replace your morning coffee with water
- Eat breakfast
- Take a walk during your lunch break
- Exercise. Even if its only a few minutes every day
- Try a new type of exercise if you already do
- Spend some time outside
- Start taking a multivitamin
- Drink a set amount of water every day
- Show up a few minutes early to get yourself settled in
- Make a list of things to accomplish every day at work
- Go above and beyond every once and a while
- Clean off your desk
- Check your emails only twice a day
- Connect with your coworkers or your boss
- Get a planner and start using it
- Use the planner you already have
- Try a Bullet Journal
- Set an intention every day, get it done
- Clean your house and keep it clean
- Take a decluttering weekend. Keep it decluttered
- Open up a savings account. Contribute a set amount regularly
- Try yoga
- Try meditation
- Visualize yourself achieving your goals
- Sleep with your phone away from your bed
- Read a book a few minutes every day
- Get a journal and just start writing everything thats on your mind
- Do something kind for someone every day
- Take a break from social media once a week
Actually do it!!!!
I cant even start to count how many times I saw lists like this on Pinterest and said “oh thats nice”, pinned it, and never looked at it again. These changes may seem like no big deal, but it wasn’t until I started trying to make little tweaks in my life that I really saw a difference in myself.
It may seem silly, but these changes can have a chain effect. For example: if you’re in the habit of setting an intention for your day every day and following through, you’ll be much better at following through when big ideas come along, or new relationships. You never know where something like that might take you!
So, I’m going to make you a challenge. Pick one thing off this list (or think of a different one yourself!) and DO IT!!
Pick a time period… a popular one is 30 days, and do your change for 30 days. You’ll be amazed at what can happen to your life in a short period of time if you’re slowly (BUT CONSISTENTLY) living better.
Small changes, Over time, Always make all the difference.
Which change are you going to start today? Let me know in the comments and thank you for reading!! 🙂 Have a fantastic Wednesday!!!
Save on Pinterest here: